Mercedes-Benz 540 K Cabriolet B, letzte gebaut.

TALEP ÜZERINE FIYAT
BASIC INFORMATION
Ürün grubuDiger kamyonlar
Marka / modelMercedes-Benz 540 K Cabriolet B, letzte gebaut.
Kayıt yılı1941
Çalışma Saati Okuması383 km
Ülke
Almanya
Mascus ID8F351951
FIYATLANDIRMA
KDV hariç fiyatTalep Üzerine Fiyat
AYRINTILAR
Stok no.901353
Motor gücü132 kW (180 bg)
ŞanzımanMechanisch
Dingil mesafesi3290
RenkRot
Diğer bilgilerFahrzeugstandort: Bovenden, Schalter 5, Radstand: 3290 mm Aufbau: 8-Zylinder Bei Rückfragen Tel. +49 551/ 820244! Farbe: rot , Leder: weiß, 5 Gang Getriebe, Read tachometer , THE MERCEDES-BENZ 540K: It took Mercedes-Benz 6,000 man hours to build a single 540K. Even by the standards of the Thirties, when automotive mass production techniques had been in place for barely twenty years, it was a massive commitment of skilled manpower. The cars that were built in those 6,000 hours justified every hour. Mercedes-Benz maintained its factories and income with small and medium sized cars, but it catered to the market's most demanding clientele with a limited offering of the finest motor cars ever built. It gathered the finest craftsmen, engineers, machinists and assemblers from among its large organization. It gave them state of the art facilities, the finest machinery and the best tools. Mercedes-Benz had access to the best materials from Germany's renowned metallurgical industry and it lavished them on the 540K. Every aspect of the 540K was designed, built, constructed and finished to exceed the expectations of the most demanding customers in Europe, Asia and North America. That it succeeded in meeting these expectations has been established beyond all doubt. Mercedes-Benz 540Ks were bought by leaders in industry, finance, politics and society. Their judgment has been endorsed by generations of subsequent owners who have preserved, valued and maintained the 540Ks they have been privileged to own. It has always been acknowledged as one of the world's great cars. Based on a strong and rigid chassis these pioneering automobiles introduced coil spring four-wheel independent suspension using parallel wishbones at the front and swing axles at the rear. They featured synchromesh on the top three gears of their four-speed gearboxes, 12 volt electrical systems, central lubrication and vacuum-assisted hydraulic brakes. These massive high speed automobiles owed little to the S, SS and SSK machines of the Twenties except one glorious attribute: each was fitted with Mercedes-Benz's driver-controlled supercharger that boosted engine output by about 60% in short full power bursts. With a bore of 88mm (3.46 ) and a stroke of 111mm (4.37 ) the 540K's big inline eight cylinder engine displaced 5,401cc (329.6 cubic inches). Its size and power had been designed from inception to cope with the massive chassis that underpinned its luxurious coachwork. The 540K accomplished two competing goals in one magnificent engine. Designer Hans Nibel and his successor, Hans-Gustav Röhr, employed its large displacement, long stroke and even-firing eight-cylinder layout for maximum smoothness and relaxed performance at low speeds and sustained rapid cruising. The supercharger, engaged automatically when the driver pressed the accelerator pedal fully to the floor, upped performance in bursts, kicking the 540K's output from 115 horsepower to 180 horsepower for maximum acceleration and hill climbing with a full load of passengers and luggage. It also made a fearsome noise from the tortured, compressed air and fuel mixture and shriek of the supercharger rotors and their drive gears. The sound and the press of acceleration that accompanied it was overwhelming, a rush of Wagnerian sensation that personified sturm und drang and left no doubt among passengers and those nearby that this was the king of automobiles. They were capable of cruising all day long at speeds approaching 90 miles per hour and would, with their superchargers screaming, easily exceed 105 miles per hour. Mercedes-Benz built fewer than 400 540Ks during the four years it was in production. Fabulously expensive, they were outfitted with all the luxuries of the Thirties, from elaborately fitted and finished interior wood moldings to electric cigar lighters. Most were bodied with the work of Mercedes-Benz's own coachbuilders at Sindelfingen, and Sindelfinger-built 504Ka are the bench-mark for quality and style. SINDELFINGEN: The Mercedes-Benz coachworks at Sindelfingen developed the Cabriolet style to an art form. While each cabriolet built on the legendary supercharged 5.4 liter 115/ 180hp 540K chassis was essentially different, with Teutonic efficiency Mercedes-Benz categorized its cabriolet offerings in six different configurations, designating each variant alphabetically. There were three separate four-door styles, the cabriolets D, E and F, which accommodated up to seven passengers in comfort and luxury. More importantly for today's collectors, three two-door cabriolets combined luxury, tight weather protection and sporting style in beautiful, subtle coachwork for anywhere from two to five people. The Cabriolet B and Cabriolet C had rear seating, the B with rear quarter windows while the C had blind quarters on the folding top. The Cabriolet A had blind rear quarters and accommodations behind the front seats only for the two privileged occupants' luggage. Sindelfingen, where this exclusive coachwork was built, had started out as an aircraft production facility which employed as many as 5,600 people during The Great War. Production of civilian aircraft continued for a short time after the war but soon Sindelfingen was designated as Daimler's production facility for Mercedes bodies. In this role it continued to follow the high standards of quality and finish which had been essential when building aircraft, a tradition which continued through the Second World War. Sindelfingen's function expanded after the merger with Benz in 1926. New equipment was added, including huge 1,000 ton presses capable of forming steel sheets 200 x 150 cm in size. By the end of 1934 employment at Sindelfingen had returned to over 5,000. It built coachwork also for other manufacturers, constructing 20,000 bodies for BMW and many for Wanderer. Fifteen different trades were employed in building the wood-framed bodies constructed at Sindelfingen, all of whom were craftsmen, skilled and dedicated to producing the finest coachwork in the world. Costs were high and Sindelfingen's supervisors worked constantly to streamline and refine the process to minimize handling and inventory. Beech and ash heartwood were used exclusively, naturally dried in huge sheds at the factory which held a year's supply of wood before sending each piece to one of the twelve drying kilns. Metal panels were stamped out on the giant presses, then individually fitted and welded together into subassemblies. Final assembly took place on a moving assembly line. The finished bodies were extensively and repeatedly hand-finished to ensure that before paint was applied the coachwork was as flat, smooth and neatly joined as the most dedicated and skilled German artisans working in the finest materials attainable and with the best machinery, equipment, supplies and gages could make it. While most coachwork built at the Mercedes-Benz karosserie at Sindelfingen was taken to the Mercedes-Benz factories at Untertürkheim or Mannheim to be installed on their chassis, the most exclusive vehicles, such as the 540Ks, were assembled at Sindelfingen where their assembly, finish and trimming could be perfected by the company's best workers. At each step along the way the master craftsmen who had created the framing and panels and finished them returned repeatedly to inspect the way their work was being assembled and to rectify any damage inflicted during assembly and testing. 540K production ended in 1938 or 1939 but a few 540K chassis were held in reserve for later completion, reserved for those with particular importance to Germany. THE MOTORCAR OFFERED : This 540K Cabriolet B was completed in 1941 on Commission Nº. 396152 with chassis number 408429. According to the copy of its build documentation from Mercedes-Benz it was delivered to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Berlin on February 12, 1941. It is with little doubt one of the last 540Ks built and was destined for an important official or functionary. After the cessation of hostilities it was sold in 1946 by Kurt Nitschky of Motoradhaus in Karlsruhe to Viktor Reuter. Nitsckhy's invoice claimed Lager sämlicher Ersatzteile für Kleinmotorräder (Stock all spare parts for small motorcycles), Three months later it sold to Severn Loyd of Jackson, Tennessee, then disappeared for twelve years until it was owned in 1958 by Thomas Brothers in Phoenix (one might wonder if Brothers isn't a misread of Barrett.) In 1977 it was owned by William A. O'Brien III in Reno. William O'Brien sold it to T.J. Day on October 15, 1985 and Mr. Day began a comprehensive concours quality restoration that was completed in 1988. It was judged third in class at the July 1988 Farwest Grand Classic and is today still in nearly pristine condition. Finished in red with chrome wire wheels, it has wide whitewall tires, dual exposed sidemounts with strap-on mirrors, dual spotlights, Bosch headlights and dip beam light, integrated trunk and dual taillights. The interior is upholstered in dove grey leather with grey carpets. The magnificent instrument panel is mother of pearl with sharp, crisp gauges. There are tinted glass sun visors, an opening windshield and beautiful contrasting wood trim on the dashboard and around the windows. Piling up the folding top and engaging the supercharger with two friends in the back seats will capture a spine-tingling experience that caught the attention of T.J. Day who spared no expense to realize it. Vehicle is still in the USA and could be taken over there or in Germany. ZUBEHÖRANGABEN OHNE GEWÄHR, Änderungen, Zwischenverkauf und Irrtümer vorbehalten! - powered by two S

Gassmann GmbH

+49 ...SHOW
Please mention MASCUS when you contact the seller
Send e-mail

Contact Person

  • NUTZFAHRZEUGE VERKAUF

    Gassmann GmbH
    • +49 ...SHOW
      Please mention MASCUS when you contact the seller
    • +49 ...SHOW
      Please mention MASCUS when you contact the seller
    • +49 ...SHOW
      Please mention MASCUS when you contact the seller
    • Diller: İngilizce, Almanca, Fransızca, İspanyolca
    • Alte Bundesstr. 48, 37120 Bovenden, Almanya

Şirket

GASSMANN GMBH
10
KAÇ YILDAN BERÎ MASCUS'DA AKTIF

İlgili markalar

Markaİlan sayısı
Mercedes-Benz9338
Volvo5831
Renault3974
International3166
DAF3005
Mascus Türkiye'de Mercedes-Benz -540-k-cabriolet-b-letzte-gebaut diger kamyonlar ilanları bulabilirsiniz. Mercedes-Benz -540-k-cabriolet-b-letzte-gebaut fiyatı -dır, 1941 modeldir. - Almanya adresinde bulunmaktadır. Mascus.com.tr'de Mercedes-Benz -540-k-cabriolet-b-letzte-gebaut ve diğer markalardan diger kamyonlar ilanları bulabilirsiniz. Ayrıntılar - Stok no.: 901353, Çalışma Saati Okuması: 383 km, Motor gücü: 132 kW (180 bg), Şanzıman: Mechanisch, Dingil mesafesi: 3290, Renk: Rot